Friday, October 11, 2013

A Big Global Pumpkin Hug

It never ceases to amaze me just how far Cathey's circle reached.  A special thanks to all that helped reach those that I was not able to.  I went through as many commenter's with contact info from Cathey's recent posts until I was cross eyed.  Although making calls here and sending out emails kept me preoccupied and that was a very good thing.

As far as I know, there are no finalized arrangements to date.  Cathey's DH said he would call when there were, and in the meantime I'll keep checking the local obits.  Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, I can't even begin to express how amazing he has been through all of this.  He sets the bar pretty high.

A special thanks to Because You Count in Moncton who are integrating Cathey's passing into our upcoming retreat and helped get the word out to the remainder of the retreat crew from Quebec, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.   Their retreat is actually how I met Cathey over a decade ago.  Our mutual friends brought us out for a sit down to discuss swapping passengers for retreat, and the rest as you say is history :)

" Dear Stitching Friends,

   It is Retreat time again at dear old Camp Wildwood. It is a time for stitching, visiting, sharing, laughing, eating and healing.....we need that at this time as our dear friend and former “camper” Cathey  Magill lost her battle with cancer yesterday. That is where the healing comes in..we need to share, listen and,yes, cry if need be. We are going to make this a great weekend where we will laugh and be refreshed.

...

2.Our cancer basket ticket event...if you wish to take part, please bring some pink items to put in the baskets...pens, soap, socks etc. The money raised will go toward breast cancer research.  This  is even more pressing in light of Cathey’s  passing. "
Before signing off, yet another blast from the past.  I think this truly exemplifies just how strong Cathey's character and will were, always giving back.


4 comments:

♥ Nia said...

My thoughts are with her DH and little peanut...
♥ ♥ ♥

Annette said...

Thank you so much for this wonderfull post..
My thoughts are with Paul and little peanut..
How hard is most be for them!!

Vickie said...

Thank you so very much for keeping us updated. It is so very much appreciated. I continue to pray for her husband and son. Katie, would you please email me? I see no email contact. I am troubled and would very much appreciate if you could answer a question about Cathey for me. Thank you so much. imvickie@yahoo.com

Catherine said...

Thank you so much for your continued updates....it is amazing how many lives Cathey has touched. Continued thoughts and prayers to her family and those closest to her, I can only begin to imagine the loss they feel...